Recycled Water Delivery
In response to the current drought, the City of Healdsburg is offering recycled water deliveries to be used on landscaping.
September 20, 2021 Update
City Council approved two necessary changes to the recycled water program to maintain service through the dry season – to implement delivery fees and set an end date.
- Delivery Fees -- starting the first week of October, recipients of recycled water will incur a $45 fee per delivery. To continue service, please complete an opt-in form so we have authorization to bill the account in December for all deliveries.
- Opt-in or -out form: https://healdsburg.seamlessdocs.com/f/recycledwaterdelivery
- The $45 delivery fee is based on trucking costs to move water regardless of gallons delivered.
- The total cost will be no more than $315 for 7 weeks of service.
- CARE customers are exempt from fees.
- Program End Date – the program is set to end Nov 5 (with rain) or Nov 19 (no rain). Starting in mid-November, temperatures cool down, the days get shorter, and water demands for plants are substantially less. Although we don’t know how much rain this winter will bring, we will get some to maintain plant-life.
September 7, 2021 Update
- New recycled water signs up will close on Sept 16, 2021
- Delivery fees will be implemented in October, pending Council approval on Sept 20, 2021
- Recycled Water Deliveries will cease no later than Nov 19, 2021 in anticipation of the rainy season
Setup for Recycled Water Deliveries
- Residents are responsible for sourcing or purchasing their own storage tanks, totes, or barrels.
- Storage tanks should be placed no more than 75 ft. from the curb to be serviced, no gates or fences.
- Residents are responsible for the equipment necessary to apply the recycled water to landscaping -- hose and pump.
- A building permit is not required for tanks less that 5,000 gallons and the ratio of height to diameter or width is not greater than 2:1.
Recycled Water Delivery Information
- Up to 500 gallons per service account, and service one time per week.
- Recycled water needs to be used with 24-48 hours of delivery to avoid algae growth.
Sign Up for Service (before Sept. 16, 2021)
- Purchase a tank
- Contact the City at email@example.com with address, contact information, storage capacity, description of tank location.
- Staff will conduct a site visit to approve tank location and provide a program application that serves as a recycled water permit.
- If you were not home during the time of inspection and need to complete the necessary paperwork please fill out the paperwork here.